The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Prodigal Son Returns

My Big Boy has returned from the Beach. His hair and eyebrows are bleached and his face is peeling from an obvious sunburn. However, he claims he had a lovely time and didn't miss us a bit. He was thoughtful and brought presents home for his little brothers.

Of course he couldn't resist purchasing a hermit crab (this family and crazy pets). But he did keep three goldfish alive for about a year in a single fish bowl until someone set somthing on top of the bowl and cut off their oxygen. So... he is a responsible pet parent and so as long as he keeps it fed and cleaned I don't mind. He has already taken care of it on his own when he got back by wetting the sponge.


Apparently his name is "Cami" because of it cammo colored shell. The truth is he doesn't come out much. And of course my son thought of his mother on his trip. He purchased this pair of earrings for me. Not really sure what the box says but of course I am elated that he thought of me. He's a great kid.

Dad gets nothing... Hubby said, "As usual, Dad gets the short end of the stick!" Too funny. Hubby is home from Tampa too. Our family is back together and ready to get going on the last preps for school to start tomorrow. Big Boy needs a haircut and everyone needs shoes (including Hubby who had a final blowout with his shoes on the trip and came home with shoes that need to be thrown away). I will be taking all "4" of my "sons" out shopping today. And then it's back home where a few loads of laundry need to be done before bedtime.
I wish the boys lots of luck tomorrow starting their classes and me lots of luck on my first day back at work.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: