The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Shop #7: Jog over to Jo Jo's Quilt Shop

A little south of Short Pump down the Powhite Parkway (in Chesterfield, VA) you will find this delightful little shop called Jo Jo's Quilt Shop. Jo Jo's ad claims to be a "warm and friendly shop where the members "piece it all together"". I would have to agree. They have the best selection of Thimbleberries that I have seen around. Their fabrics are right up my alley. They also have some Japanese fabrics in the tones that I like. I found some nice civil war repros and picked out some great pinks and browns.


Here is Jo Jo's Tour Quilt. It was shaped different from anyone else's. I like it when shops go out of the box.

Here's a look at the shop. It's small inside but there is no shortage of fabric. It's definately worth the trip south. I think it's actually about 1 hour from my house. Maybe an little more. The staff is really nice and I left some patterns for them to enjoy. They were quite sweet and very busy that day.

Here is their store's free pattern. I thought it was a great tablerunner pattern (even though I'm not much into them... usually because they are not long enough for any of my tables).

Look what I found! I couple of gals from the Quilt Guild. They were out on the tour too. They were just getting started and had only visited one other shop. I have to check on them and see if they made it around the bend. We found the two clues here pretty easily. Right up front on the wall behind the girls was a "sewing machine puzzle" and a memorial quilt for the shop's namesake".

Here is a great collection of pinks and browns that I found. Also, one small piece of Japanese fabric for my other collection. Don't tell anyone... but I collect really good fabrics. At the Chantilly Expo I bought an entire collection of Japanese silks for a crazy quilt. I think I will have to rewrite my will and ask to be buried with the really good fabrics.

Check out the really cool freebies that came from Jo Jo's. They gave us these really cool green bags, candy, pens and a 25% coupon for a future visit. They are also having a really great sale soon on all their backroom fabrics. I have seen the backroom fabrics and I think you would be really surprised at how fantastic they are.

The Verdict: Get yourself down to Jo Jo's. It great.

Grand Total at Jo Jo's: $56.68

Considering everything that I got I think this is pretty good. But enough about this... let's get back to the driving and get ourselves around the corner.

No comments: