The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Monday, December 8, 2008

Millstone Quilts - Fat Quarter Sale

I can't believe I have to get caught up on a blog again. I seems that I have been so busy getting things done around here with Thanksgiving and all that I haven't had time to post. Remember my Tour de Quilt Shop Hop back in October for my birthday? Well during that tour they ladies pulled my name in one of the drawings and I won a MODA gift bag. I told them I would pick it up at Millstone Quilts (remember the little red mill by the creek?). I thought it would be nice to pick it up there. I knew I would enjoy seeing Ms. Regina and her crew again. Also, Millstone has a fantastic sale once a year. $1.00 FQ's cut from the fabrics all over the shop. This is an annual sale they have in November before Thanksgiving. My friend, CH, went with me and we had a great time at the store. I didn't get any photos of the actual sale this time. But here is a photo of what I won.

Doesn't it look like a fantastic bag. I actually took the bag out to my car and emptied it so I could use the bag to shop. I was looking to improve my collection of civil war and 30's repros for some upcoming projects this year. I was also looking for stash to create a couple of BOM's for Millstone. So I went a little wild. But heh!... who couldn't go a little wild on fabric during this sale? I found some gorgeous prints from the Louisa May Alcott fabrics. I was able to ring the cow bell at the store twice. They gave me two copies of the free pattern Soduko (I gave the 2nd one to CH) and I bought this Cynthia England pattern called Old Grist Mill. I just had to. Someday I will get around to making it too. Here is my haul from the day.


I know what you're thinking. This woman is madddd!!!! And then you wish you were me! It was fun looking at it afterwards. I came home with 200 FQ's and I thought about rolling around in them naked...... but I decided to fondle them instead.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

MichelleB said...

That is a lot of fat quarters! I think I would be overwhelmed - and then I would probably walk out with just as many! LOL

Sherri said...

200 fat quarters...now that is a dream come true...I can't even imagine how fun that would be...lucky you!