The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Finding Treasures

I was thinking about all the treasures that I found when cleaning out the closet the other day. I have been cleaning and organizing so much that I thought maybe I should spend some time sewing. Monday night is Guild night show-n-tell and it's always nice to have something to show. I am planning on showing the house quilt but remember I found soooo many unfinished little projects that maybe it's time I get a few of those things done. So after some research on the laptop I prepared to get up to the loft to get busy. Here was the scene on the bed when I closed the laptop.


I don't think this dog has ever missed a nap. NOT EVER!
In one of the bags that I cleaned out of the closet I found a cut out fabric bowl that was never completed. I could never figure out how to get the satin stitch just right to finish it. Well I figured it out. Now I have this nice fabric bowl with vegetables on it. What do you think I should put in it?

In an effort to complete some of the many BOM's I have abandoned that are now considered UFO's I completed another two blocks from the Women's Voices Quilt. Apparently a long time ago I was trying to speed up the piecing process by cutting out all of the pieces for the remaining months. You would think that with all the cutting completed I would have finished it quicker but somehow I have overlooked it and so out it comes years later. How frustrating. Here are the two blocks completed from month #8.


They look nice but I started piecing this quilt soooo long ago and very early in my quilting career so not all the blocks are made that well. I think it will be quite a challenge to put the thing together but I am up for it.
Hubby leaves for a few days and now we are down to three in the house. It's getting quieter all the time.
I will keep you posted. School starts on Monday for the boys so we are just trying to get adjusted before D-day.
Happy Quilting!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: