The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Sunday, November 16, 2008

2008 Best Traditional Quilt

Here is the 1st Place Quilt. I am afraid that the photo does not do it justice. It has some very beautiful details. I love the vines.

2nd Place and 3rd Place went to two friends who challenge each other to finish things. I think they planned these projects together. I guess 2nd was just for bragging rights. This pattern in called bloomin' nine patch. This one was made by friend Kay Abbott and took 2nd Place.

It's (almost) twin was made by my friend and machine quilter Ginger Cook. She does all of the quilting for all of my patterns so her name appears on my covers. This was her version of the same quilt.


Cut huh? I have plenty of fabric to make this pattern. I was going to make it for myself out of some pastel florals that I own because nothing in my house can be delicate and feminine so I thought I would make one just for me. Of course, that will be some time down the road after all of this year's designs are completed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: