The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Sunday, November 16, 2008

A few days before Halloween

I told you today would be the day that I would get caught up with you on what you have been missing. My birthday was a few days before Halloween. Usually everyone makes little or no big deal on my birthday. That's what this year I decided to be proactive and plan my own events throughout the month of October. Here was another nice little outing that Hubby and I shared. He "worked from home" one day and we took a trip downtown (to historic Fredericksburg that is) for a little lunch. I don't know if any of you know anything about my Fredericksburg but it is the only town that boasts both Revolutionary War and Civil War history. The historic Civil War battlefields of Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville are located here within a few miles of one another (our "Cabin in the Woods" is located on the Chancellorsville Battlefield site area). So we have a wonderful little downtown which is constantly evolving and being restored and changes are being made all the time. Here is one of the neatest little spots located here.

We were walking down the street when we saw this alley. Isn't it the prettiest little alley. All the way at the end of the Alley is a gardening shop. They have classes. There is also a little staircase going up on the right with a little shop for rent. Wonder what will go in there. Rumor has it that a stationary shop will be moving into that building.


Here is a photo of the street right outside the alley. It's a pretty little town is it not?

Right at the boutique end of Caroline Street is the Hugh Mercer Apothecary Shop. It's now a museum that you can tour. Check out the sign in the window. I kinda wish they still sold stuff in there like this 'cause I might have bought the leeches. They seem better than aspirin eh?


Stay tuned!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: