The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Out of Touch

Hello Blog Friends! I have been out of touch for awhile. After all the excitement of the Tour de Quilt you would think I would have rested but instead had millions of other things happening. The first one was the Guild Quilt Show which was over the 3rd weekend in October. I didn't do much help setting up this year... I was way busy with all the other things at home with 3 boys. But I did work the show for a shift over two days and was able to take photos of the whole show. Our Guild entry limit was 5 quilts (we have a very prolific Guild) so I could only enter 5. I chose to enter three of the new quilts from my pattern designs, one miniature quilt for the Miniature Challenge, and one quilt in the UFO Challenge (my husband's "House" quilt which I have shown before).

My first entry was this mini. I realized after I quilted and bound it that I put the blocks together wrong so I guess I will have to make another one. It's a pretty little quilt though despite my obvious mistake. But heh... you have to laugh and show that you're not perfect sometimes. I know I can't share all 109 entries with you but here are the top three place finishers.

This was an absolute "beaut" Carolina Lily. She did a wonderful job didn't she?

Second place went to this quilt which was named "Tools of the Trade". Hand redwork.

Here was the final winner. My friend Lee (the developer of the challenge this year). Can you imagine all those little pieces? There are a few more that are definately worth showing and if I get a chance I will post those photos too? Guess I have to work harder next year to win this one.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: