The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Apple Hill Cookbook

This post is dedicated to a blog friend. Kim posted a drawing on her blog (Kim's blog) for an Apple Hill cookbook and a scented mug mat. I won the drawing at the beginning of the month but hadn't had time to blog about it. Well Kim... here it is. I made the Apple Cake recipe on the first page. I have to tell you it was very hard to pick a recipe... they all looked so good... so I just started from the beginning of the book and made that one. When I took it out of the oven it looked a little brown and I thought I overcooked it a little. But then I tasted it and it really was great.

The boys were really excited to come to a fresh dessert (snack) which had come out of the oven about 20 minutes before they came home. It was still a little warm. Two of the boys took their slices outside to eat on the picnic table (it's like 50 degrees outside but they thought they would eat out anyway). They were really cute. They said to tell my friend Kim thank you for sending the book and making Mommy bake something really good.
Not much else was said. They are too preoccupied with Halloween on Friday night. I will post pictures of their costumes later. But I wanted to make that I posted this picture for Kim. Thanks for the recipes.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kim said...

You're welcome, Penni! I'm glad your boys loved the cake--well, how could they NOT?! LOL! It's funny how it comes out so dark, and I'm not sure why that is unless it's the apples darkening it, but yep, that's the way it's supposed to be! Your casserole looks great too!