The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Thursday, October 30, 2008

If you can't sew... then cook

Cleaning the house and getting all the laundry done is a hateful business. I know everyone knows that it is a never-ending process. But really... in this house... it never ends. Laundry piles up in the bathrooms, the bedrooms and the hallways. Every time I empty a hamper it seems to fill again. And the dishes... do I really need to talk about the dishes. I went so far as to purchase paper plates and paper bowls this week because I really need a break from all the dishes.

Since I can't seem to make it to the loft to work on the Amy Butler bag... I guess I will work on this little recipe in the kitchen... (which is closer to the laundry). I have all these wonderful Taste of Home cookbooks that I look at constantly. It seems I never have eactly everything I need to cook each recipe. But today... I lucked out. I decided to make this Casserole for a Crowd. Maybe I can get away with only cooking once this weekend... since we never seem to have leftovers anymore with three boys.
It actually turned out spectacular. You make this recipe with ground beef and chili powder so it takes a lot like chili mac. It was great and did make it in the fridge for about 2 days. Nice little break for me.

It doesn't look like it but that's a huge casserole dish. Don't you just want to take a bite and dig in. I tasted it for you and it's great. You'll have to trust me. If anyone has any great easy recipes to make for a family of boys please let me know. I actually like leftovers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: