The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Getting back into the sewing room...

Sometimes the hardest thing is getting back into the sewing room. I went up to the loft today and looked over the projects in progress.
Look at these awesome pinks and browns that I collected on the Tour de Quilt. These are the best. I am trying to decide what pattern to make out of these for the upcoming Lancaster Quilt Show.

Still working on designing a pattern to use these great Halloween fabrics that I bought. I thought something with Baltimore Album like applique commemorating some sort of significant life event. I think that would be very US. I will keep you posted on the design.








So I have been completely obsessed with making this cute little bag pattern from Amy Butler. I am purchasing some new books (with the ideas I got from the Tour de Quilt) of projects that you can give people as gifts. I thought I would get started on this pattern that I had purchased months ago. The problem is I absolutely stink at reading and following other people's pattern. (why do you think I got started writing and printing my own patterns) I get completely bogged down by patterns (especially complicated patterns) but I decided that I was just gonna have to get over it and try to make something great. I always admire these well made bags at the quilt shops so it was high time I tried it myself.


I thought it best to use some cheap fabric the first time... if I messed up it wouldn't be with $17/ yard decorator fabrics. I am making this bag with camouflage fabric from the decorator area of Walmart that I bought to make costumes for the boys. The weekender bag will work well for sleepovers. Like a little suitcase.
I have been working on it for three days off and on and haven't even cut out all the pieces yet. I will keep you posted on how it's going. Hope all is well with all of you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: