The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever

Here is a photo of Little Brat in his theatrical debute playing Claude Herdman in the Best Christmas Pageant Ever. He's the one on the far end in the "prison stripes" and backwards baseball cap. If you don't know the story of the Best Christmas Pageant Ever you should. It's a really great little book. Basically he plays one of the 6 hoodlum kids in the neighborhood who come to be in the church Christmas pageant because the lady who normally runs it has broken her leg and the minister gives out free snacks.

My son plays one of the Herdmans, the poor kids in the neighborhood who beat up on everyone and set fire to the church. I found it to be a completely typecasted role for Little Brat and I don't see how he will ever get another part in his life. Actually I am kidding. Little Brat is actually a great friend he just a little stinker. Since we are so well known in the community (I was the PTA Treasurer for two years and we run the local cub scout pack, etc.) I get friendly calls from parents all the time. They are always laughing to tell me the latest thing that he did or said. Last week a mother called to tell me that my son bet her son that he should call 1-800-FART-POLICE on the phone when he got off the bus. You get an idea of who he is as a person. So playing a Herdman wasn't a stretch. Hubby says he takes after me.


He has been memorizing lines and attending rehearsals for about 6 weeks and Sunday morning was the final performance. He did great as expected. See... he is also smart as a whip which is what makes him so sly. Everyone loves him. My mother lovingly told me she thought he would be the one to make me a Grandma first (I shudder to think of that). I think he will be an evil genius. He will either be very wealthy or paroled early.


Of course me camera battery died about 1/2 way through the show but he looked really cute performing and did an excellent job (as expected by Mom) so I thought you would enjoy knowing what else we have been up to around here.
Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kim said...

I fully expected my son would go into sales of some sort, because he can get people to believe anything he says. Either that, or prison--LOL! Hasn't happened yet, but he sure had a good few years talking girls into stuff that I don't even want to contemplate. No grandchildren yet though--knock on wood!