The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

PAM Day 24

The best part about a vacation on your own... you can do whatever you want.  What more could a busy Mom want than peace and quiet... not worrying about anyone but herself... and peace and quiet... and sleeping in ... and peace and quiet....  You get my drift.  I think Renee agreed.  We had a little pajama party of sorts Friday night and then slept in on Sunday.  I think by the time we left the condo on Sunday it was lunchtime and we were starved.
We took a walk up the street and grabbed some lunch.  A little photo shopping on the way.  
I was thinking of getting this shirt for Hubs.  


Of course I am getting older... and I was thinking this shirt was more appropriate for me.


We stopped in a little candy shop for salt water taffy.  I think this little penguin might have had a little too much.  Just sayin...


On the search for a place for lunch.  This place had all of hubs requirements.  We passed.


We picked up a little friend at the candy shop.  He was too excited about coming along... and clearly he loves the beach.  


We picked lunch at a little pancake house.  Renee laughed at me cause I complimented the cook on his potatoes and he ran outside to give me his phone number.  Dude... the potatoes weren't that good.  But whatever... I was nice.
Of course we stopped for yuppie mom crack... um... I mean Starbucks... you get the point.  I saw this mini... mini red velvet whoopie pie.  Yeah... that's right.  Happy Birthday to me.  Plankton... again... really excited about it.


He soooo totally wanted the first bite.


We shopped all afternoon... and very successfully I might add.  This time we decided to actually eat dinner instead of just having a bagel in the condo.  It was a classy place ... they had "fancy" tomato ketchup... thank god.


Sunday night ... pub... and a couple of beers.


... and yes... football.  Too bad we had to share the moment with a couple of Steelers fans.  Hrumph... but they stayed away.  


It was lots of fun spending time with a good friend.  We were beat... and we crashed.

No comments: