The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

PAM Day 25

I enjoyed my morning brunch with Renee before she made her way back to home and family on Monday.  Now time to enjoy my solitude.  I caught up with a few friends... put a few ideas on paper... checked out a few more ideas that were already on paper... and caught up on some zzzzzzzzz's.  Love hanging out with myself.  I don't have any place to be... nothing that HAS to be done... no laundry... no dishes... no cooking... it's pretty awesome.  I managed to knock of few things off the TO DO list and make some calls without the dogs barking in the afternoon.  

This was pretty much my view all day long.  It stormed in the afternoon and the only noise I heard all day were the jets flying back and forth out of Norfolk.  They are quite loud.  But that's only if you're on the balcony trying to hear the waves.  It's a pretty awesome place to work take some me time.

Me time soon interrupted by calls from home from boys... a crisis that could apparently only be handled by Mom.  It's always amazing to me how Dad could be right there... but when there is a problem or an argument of some sort... they suddenly feel the need to call Mom... and it really doesn't matter what Mom happens to be doing.  I could be at the movies or out with friends... or in a business meeting... or a school conference... it doesn't really matter.  I assume that I could be in a coma and I am pretty sure they would call me ... the phone by my bed would ring and ring... and they would probably be pissed that I didn't pick up... and they would leave a message... just in case I suddenly woke and decided I wanted to jump right back into parenting.

Best call of the trip so far... they little boys snuck the phone at 7:45 pm to inform me that I must return home immediately because there father was torturing them.  Apparently he was making them pick up there own dinner dishes, put there clothes in the hamper and load and empty the dishwasher.  J actually said... who would treat their little children this way.  I quickly reminded them that if they were big enough to shoot each other with automatic air soft rifles... they were probably big enough to do chores.  They hung up... a little disappointed... but none the worse for wear.  
I don't know what happened after that... but I slept like a baby.

No comments: