The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hexagon Happiness

Found this pattern a couple of months ago. It's called Merry-Go-Round by American Jane. Uses a great method of sewing partial blocks so that there are no set-in seams. You can find a similar but smaller version of this quilt in the October 2008 issue of McCall's Quilting Magazine. It thought I would use my Pop Parade Jelly Rolls from P&B Textiles. They are really bright and in your face. You can't miss this quilt hanging on a clothesline.


Here are the triangles that I cut from my strips. Looking good already.



Here is the beginning of the layout from the triangles that I cut. You can see how the quilt goes together. You sew three triangles together and alternate the direction and sew togher in a straight line. Piece O' Cake and this quilt goes together like a dream.



Will try to post an update of the quilt as I get it together. I know that I will have to improvise a bit because I didn't have enough jelly rolls of that line. I might have to try something different with the pattern. Just Wait and see.
Happy Quilting!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: