The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hexagons on Steroids

Here's what I have done so far on the Hexagons. It goes together really fast. I have completely run out of fabric and will need to start using alternating blocks. I think it will be fine. All my antique flower garden quilts have places where the lady making it ran out of fabric and substituted so I am taking a page from history and working with what I have like my ancestors.


I asked Little Brat (my best little quilter) today what he thought. Hey buddy... what do you think? Is this quilt great or a little too bright. Little Brat says... looks beautiful Mom ... but... a little too much pink. I guess I will have to move the one pink block to the center or something. Too funny.

On the family front... I am getting the boys to bed earlier every day to being preparing for school to start. They go back on the 25th. I am starting to hear grumbling. I am just trying to get some time in the studio sewing a little so I am nimble when they go back to school. I can't wait to get back to designing and being creative. Lately I have been spending my days supervising Big Boy's cooking in the kitchen. I long to be back in the loft full time. Today my boys gave me a nice break. I spent the day sewing which felt really good even though I was working on making someone else's design. But it gives me another fun class to teach potentially and a fun sample to take to class.
Happy Quilting!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: