The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Finally...Shop #11: A visit with The Quilt Man (and his wife)

Alright... last stop on the Tour... we headed out of town and north on I-95... back towards home and a quick stop off the interstate in Ashland. Here it is... our last stop on this Tour... The Quilt Man. Don't you just love their Tour quilt. The Quilt Man made the center squares out of the stripe fabric. That happened to be the Tour fabric for this store.
Check out the cool jacket they made from the same fabrics. I thought this was the free project on the tour so I photographed all the projects I saw but actually the free project was a small purse project that I didn't see until we were checking out. I think anyone would love to wear this jacket.
Here's a cute little tablerunner project with the Tour fabrics as well.
Here's a photo of Chris "The Quilt Man" in front of the first clue "the quilt with a dragon on it" The woman in the picture is not the Quilt Man's Quilt Queen (his wife Nancy) but a fellow quilter who works at the store. They were very sweet and help us a lot. You won't find nicer people anywhere (although we found lots of great people and wonderfully inviting stores on the whole trip). The Quilt Man has the best selection of Oriental prints anywhere around. He also has lovely batiks. I think we were just plain shopped out.
I thought I would show you his front window. My friend KD lives near here and shops at the Quilt Man a lot.
We did get some sage advice here. I can't help it... Confucious say... 3 yards if you like it... 6 yards if you love it... 10 yards if you absolutely, positively can't love without it. I think I might have to agree.
This was my only purchase at the quilt man besides the Tour store fabric. Would you believe it... after I got home I realized that I already had it. I don't usually do that but... oh well.
We found our last clue by the back of the store a "teddy bear wrapped in a quilt". The Tour is finally over. We turned in our passports and our scavenger hunts and decided to call it a day.
The Grand Total at The Quilt Man: $7.55
We were so tired from the trip that we decided to not even eat dinner. We headed home to unpack the car and get Lucy on her way home. We were exhausted from all the fun and looking forward to resting on Sunday so we could ready for the rest of the week.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: