The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Monday, November 17, 2008

Anyone Else in love with the Vampires?

I have to confess. I have been a little obsessed with vampires lately. I got hooked on this new series on HBO called True Blood. It's about vampires living among us in society. I couldn't stand it anymore. As with all good shows (especially the riveting ones on cable) when the episode ends it leaves you wanting for more. I just had to know what happened next. So I starting researching on the internet and of course felt like a complete loser when I found out the show was based on a series of books by Charlaine Harris.

The first one is called Dead Until Dark. It arrived in the mail and I couldn't put it down. I read the entire book cover to cover within the first 24 hours. Of course, I had to go back on the internet and order the rest of the series. I have made a pact with myself that I would slow down a little and savor the suspense a little. It's kinda weird that I am interested in these books considering that I don't usually like the supernatural and hate scary books because they still give me nightmares. This series is more of a love story with creepiness and mindfreak. I couldn't wait until 9pm on Sunday night to see the next one and as usual HBO did not disappoint me. But the series has its finale next week so I had to find something to do until it starts again (or in case it doesn't like the last two series I really loved, Carnivale and Deadwood). So I am bringing this up to ask the rest of you if you have seen the series and are you enjoying it? Are you obsessed with it? Are you a little creeped out by your obsession? Just wondering if I was the only freak in the quilting world. I have to tell you that it was really nice to read a book that was quick to get through and not too awfully heavy. What are you obsessed with reading right now?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

PamKittyMorning said...

Ahh yes, I have watched and enjoy this show. We're old vampire fans from the Buffy the Vampire and Angel days a few years ago. I haven't read the books, but I'm tempted, the show just doesn't move fast enough, does it? and what can the finale be next week!

MichelleB said...

I have not watched this show, but have to admit, I was an Anne Rice fanatic with her vampire series. LOVED them. My daughter wanted me to read the Twilight series - and I tried, but couldn't get into it. I do have a couple of friends that devoured those books, however. Maybe I'll rent the series. I can't justify getting HBO, since we're getting ShowTime because we're huge Dexter fans.

Right now I'm reading Wicked. We recently saw the play, and I picked up the book again. It is really holding my interest this time, but there is just so much SEWING that needs to be done!