The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Sunday, November 16, 2008

How do you start a November?

First you sign all three boys up to play indoor soccer through both Holidays. Make sure that games fall on top of Christmas play practice so that instead of being a great fun activity it can be another reason why we should allow cloning. If we could clone ourselves we would always have a reasonable baby sitter, we would never have to worry about who taking who to what and we would have extra errand runners when we forget to bring things to scouts. If we could clone our kids think of all the activities they could be a part of.
I took a few photos of Little Brat and Eeyore after their first game. .


I didn't get one of Big Boy. He plays on Saturdays and I spent the day of his first game on a bus to Lancaster, Pennsylvania to go fabric shopping with friends. I had a great time despite having to leave the house at 5:30am to meet a 6:30am bus. I also left Hubby in town to not only make the first soccer game alone but also to get three boys moving on a Saturday morning at 8:00am to do Scouting for Food with the entire pack (I mentioned he's the CubMaster and I am Advancements Chair) and then organize scouting Flag Football after. He had to fly from the game across town to the soccer match at the indoor stadium. I was riding on a bus chatting and eating chocolate turtles.
The second week of the month was spent getting all the details together for the Fredericksburg Area Quilt Festival. That was mucho work but also loads of fun. I entered several quilts and then set up my first ever booth at a quilt show. I had never done that because I am a wholesale distributor but I thought it would be fun to "meet the public" so to speak and get some exposure in the local market. Here is a photo of me in my booth.


By the way, I have made a mental note to burn this shirt because it makes me look about 8 1/2 months pregnant. I have a very evil skinny mirror at home that needs to be destroyed. It was really fun to meet all the area quilters and have my own booth. I would love to try it again some time. At the conclusion of the show, the organizers brought over my quilt show entries. The house quilt (as mentioned before) took another ribbon which was exciting. I showed a beautiful batik sampler quilt that I made last year. It took a 3rd Place ribbon in last year's Guild Quilt show in the Traditional category (my first quilt award). This year it took a 3rd Place Traditional ribbon and a 2nd Place Best In Show (which my friend Mary Kerr, our local Quilt Appraisal, said she had never heard of before but who am I to argue). The best surprise of all was that I took a 2nd Place Traditional ribbon for the Quilt below.


This pattern is called Glorious Garden Lattice and this quilt is a second sample that I made for the local quilt shop to display these beautiful fabrics. I used a border print in the border as well as in the diagonal setting triangles. It was rather hard to do. Apparently everyone liked it and it is a pattern of my design. I am very proud of it. It may not be the prettiest quilt that you have ever seen but it is the best little pattern that I have designed and very popular. It was probably the best award I have received over the last year because it was on my own design. I know this isn't the best photo but I had to take one right away so that I could share my excitement.
I have officially caught you up on our lives over the last month and will blog more soon.
I have the entire family coming to my "pig sty" or, "guy sty" if you will, for Thanksgiving this year and I have lots of work to do to get us there. Not to mention that $1.00 FQ sale at Millstone Quilts this week. That's a day trip that I will not miss no matter how many are coming for Thanksgiving. See you soon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: