The Family Estate

The Family Estate

Sunday, November 16, 2008

On the Farming Front...

I know that you have all been waiting with baited breath to know how the AeroGarden is coming. So, without further ado... here it is...
After 14 days of water farming, I have 6 beautiful sprouted plants. The only one that seems to be having trouble growing is the Oregano which is on the bottom right. I did mention that I was only growing herbs. You can grow anything: flowers, vegetables, herbs... But whatever you choose to grow they have to be all the same kinds of plants. These are all herbs. On the top of the photo I have Dill and Genovese Basil. On the front row I have Thyme, another shorter kind of Basil, Chives and Oregano. Today was time to add the nutrients. How do I know, you ask? Because the AeroGarden told me so. I did make one mistake which I found out about later after extensive reading of instructions (always helpful). I put well water in the thing. You're not supposed to do that and considering that our water is full of rust I should buy bottled water next time to fill it up. That could be why the Oregano is dwarfed. Or maybe it just feels like growing slowly. In any case... I hope you like my little indoor garden. It was the dumbest present ever that has turned out to be fun. While all the leaves are falling outside... I had little plants inside. If they weren't so expensive I would buy another one for the flowers. Wouldn't it be nice to have a little color inside in the dreary Winter.

Maybe I should ask Santa Clause for another one? Who knows.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

MichelleB said...

Well, I think it's pretty cool. If the weather here wasn't so mild so that we could have some herbs out year round, I think I'd want one myself.